Obstructive sleep apnea is the most common but serious problem which many people are facing. It is a disorder in which normal breathing is interrupted during sleep due to the blockage of airflow in the upper airway breathing passages. Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) happens many time but manly during night because tissues comes and collaborate during sleep, and block the air to breath, and it generally relax in the upper throat and come during night time. Snoring is the major problem for many of us that may be the sign of apnea sleep and it is followed by the daytime weariness or tiredness. It may cause you to feel embarrassed and fatigue and also can effect your health. It is the big problem of snoring. Obstructive sleep apnea treatments is a must as OSA is a serious health problem which needs to overcome by treatment.
Because sleep is very essential component for good health and wellness but bad sleep can leads to effect your productivity, fatigue and hypertension etc. There are various treatment available for obstructive sleep apnea but first we should know what exactly apnea sleep is.
- 1 a) WHAT IS SLEEP APNEA ?
- 2 b) How to identify Sleep Apnea symptoms?
- 3 c) Self help Obstructive sleep apnea treatments
- 3.1 d) OBSTRUCTIVE SLEEP APNEA TREATMENTS THAT WORKS
- 3.2 e) Natural obstructive sleep apnea treatments
- 4 f) Effective Sleep Apnea Drugs
- 5 g) Cons of Sleep Apnea Drugs
a) WHAT IS SLEEP APNEA ?
b) How to identify Sleep Apnea symptoms?
Although it can be tough to identify sleep apnea on your own because most prominent symptoms occurs during night or when you’re asleep. But it can be identified if people are able to notice that they are always too tired to do anything. But you can also get around this difficulty by asking a bed partner to observe your sleep habits, or by recording yourself during sleep.
Here are some indicators or symptoms given below that can help you to find symptoms of Sleep Apnea or Obstructive Sleep Apnea(OSP).
- Depression, Irritability and Morning headache.
- Chronic level of snoring at night.
- Distracted mind and forgetfulness along with concentration hindrance.
- Memory issues
- Feeling lazy and disturbed sleep.
- Falling asleep easily when on work or class or while doing any important activities.
- Pauses occur while you snore or Pauses in breathing.
- Daytime sleepiness and fatigue, doesn’t matter how much time you spend on bed.
- You find struggle to sleep.
- Change in breathing while sleeping perhaps don’t breathe while asleep.
- High blood pressure, Heart attack and Excessive sleep.
- People may also suffer from sexual dysfunctional.
- Choking or Gasping during sleep and
- Insomnia or nighttime awakenings.
- Dry mouth and sore throat after waking up from sleep .
- Finding difficult to lose weight even after good workout and diet plans
So all above signs or symptoms are important to find Obstructive Sleep Apnea. If you find any of these symptoms in you so you need to have Obstructive sleep apnea treatments to get over this problem which is really dangerous. As the problem is scary , treatment is necessary for sleep apnea and obstructive sleep apnea.
c) Self help Obstructive sleep apnea treatments
Here are some Self help treatment or Therapy for Sleep apnea and Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) that can be treated at home .These are the best self treatment therapies for sleep apnea to consider . You don’t really need anyone’s help just a bit changes in your life can do a lot better to reduce sleep apnea and even to get rid of OSA
Exercise regularly helps you lose weight. Aerobic and resistance training can help reduce sleep apnea symptoms, while yoga is also good for strengthening the muscles in your airways and improving breathing.
Avoid caffeine and heavy meals within two hours of going to bed.
Sustain regular sleep hours stable sleep plan or schedule will help you relax and sleep better. Sleep apnea occurrence decrease when you get sufficient sleep.
Stay away from or avoid alcohol, sleeping pills, and sedatives, basically before bedtime, because they help in relaxing or repose the muscles in the throat and interfere with breathing.(especially those people who are habitual of alcohol, pills etc)
Quit or stop smoking Smoking contributes to sleep apnea by increasing heat, pain or swelling and fluid retention in your throat and upper airway.
Singing is the good exercise for throat it is able to control muscle in the throat and soft palate, it also helps in reducing snoring because sleep apnea caused by lax muscles so, it is better to keep exercising your throat by singing to control or reduce the problem of snoring or sleep apnea ( It is the alternative remedy which can help you out).
Throat and Tongue exercises may also reduce the gravity of sleep apnea by strengthening the muscles in the airway, making them less likely to collapse. The result will be visible only with time only so don’t get disappointed and quit this.
- Oral appliance therapy is one of the best treatment for obstructive sleep apnea. Appliances of these therapy are worn in the mouth, just like a athlete equipment, when you are asleep. It prevents the tongue and muscle from disintegrate and close the airway. Oral appliances keeps the airway open by holding lower jaw. It is very cosy or comfortable and an effective treatment that easily fits into your life.
- Lifestyle changes such as losing weight, get plenty of sleep, quit smoking, limit the use of alcohol and smoking also a person has to sleep on your side not your back.
d) OBSTRUCTIVE SLEEP APNEA TREATMENTS THAT WORKS
Obstructive sleep apnea can flourish in anyone especially to those people who are : fat or chubby, male, above 40, and smokers. In most of the cases of OSA you’ll be guide or instruct to make changes in lifestyle or healthy lifestyle changes like to lose weight, stop smoking or drinking alcohol etc.
Treatment for Obstructive Sleep Apnea(OSP) may include making lifestyle changes and using breathing devices while you sleep or oral appliance, surgery and other medical treatment are required.
1.Continuous positive airway pressure(CPAP)
It is the most successful therapy for obstructive sleep apnea. it is the small machine pump that delivers a continuous supply of compressed air through a mask that either covers your nose or your nose and mouth and makes breathing more relaxedly. By using it every night it may reduce your snoring and tiredness. This even helps in reducing the high risk of BP.
This is one of the Obstructive sleep apnea treatments that is carried out to solve this issue. Surgery mainly conduct to treat disrupt or disordered sleep. It is usually suggested by specialists of ear, nose, and throat for obstructive sleep apnea. The goal of this surgery is to expand the airway through your nose or throat that may be move or jerk and causing you to snore or that may be blocking your upper air passages and causing sleep apnea.
3. Expiratory positive airway pressure
4. Upper Airway Stimulation (UAS) Therapy
This is a new therapy that works inside your body, and with your natural breathing process to treat moderate to severe sleep apnea. It is an innovative alternative for obstructive sleep apnea therapy.
5. Dental/Oral appliance and devices
Oral appliances, also called dental appliances or devices, may be an option for Obstructive sleep apnea treatments for patients who cannot tolerate CPAP. These fit into your mouth like a mouth-guard, and generally work by holding the lower jaw forward, so as to create extra room in the pharynx for the tongue.
e) Natural obstructive sleep apnea treatments
Natural treatments are always preferred for any disease . Even sleep apnea can be treated naturally . So here we will see the Obstructive sleep apnea treatments that can be done naturally .
- Lifestyle changes
As I already mentioned above in the treatment of sleep apnea changing lifestyle also helps in reducing obstructive sleep apnea. Natural sleep apnea solutions are rarely recommended by doctors, yet a number of natural sleep apnea treatments exist.Like losing weight, stop drinking alcohol, stopping smoking, and changing your sleep position and many more which help you to reduce the problem of obstructive sleep apnea.
2. Yoga exercise
Yoga can improve your sleep quality by using two methods:
1) yoga breathing technique.
2)yoga exercise for weight loss.
If you have mild symptoms of OSA syndrome, yoga surely can help you.
3. Snoring Devices
Loud and irregular snoring can be a sign of obstructive sleep apnea. Therefore, devices that are designed to treat snoring can also help you to breathe better during sleep.
4. Tongue movement or exercise
Some particular Studies have shown that exceptional tongue and jaw exercises can improve your sleep breathing disruption. It is simple, and plain treatment.
5. Vitamins/Minerals or nutrients
Vitamins and Minerals can help you to reduce or improve the problem of sleep apnea. large number of people are found with insufficient amount of vitamin D especially those who are suffer from sleep apnea. So, by increasing the sufficient amount of vitamin D consumption, people can able to reduce the problem of obstructive sleep apnea. This is one of the less popular natural way of Obstructive sleep apnea treatments.
f) Effective Sleep Apnea Drugs
Doctors generally do not recommend medications as the primary treatment for sleep apnea However, some drugs can help patients manage symptoms of sleep apnea including daytime sleepiness, or difficulty sleeping.
Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
Sleep apnea is dangerous for health as we all know , and its existence may effect physical condition or health and may influence relax muscles. So it is better to take advise a from doctor or dentist so that they can recommend you to take pills or medicine for sleep apnea.
Magnesium is a mineral that is vital to muscle regulation. Sleep apnea is a kind of problem that is very much closely related to your throat muscles and magnesium is very much essential for throat muscles so intake of magnesium is a good way for Obstructive sleep apnea treatments.
Mandibular advancement device (MAD)
It is the dental appliance, similar to gum shield. it is recommended by a dentist with training and experience. While going to bed try wearing a Mandibular advancement device that is MAD this help you with sleep apnea treatment.
Deep sleep aid
Deep Sleep Medicine is an herbal means to get your sleep every night. It helps in reducing anxiety, sustain your sleep condition, also makes you feel relax and helps you to sleep quickly.
g) Cons of Sleep Apnea Drugs
Side effects of sleep apnea medicines vary depending on the type of medication. Doctors generally do not recommend for drugs or medicine because it can be harmful for people. Here are some cons of sleep apnea drugs.
- Finding difficult to fall asleep.
- Drowsy feel , nervousness and severe Headache.
- Weakness, grogginess,and dreaming.
- Can also change in behavior or mood.
- The goals of treating sleep apnea is to Restore regular breathing during sleep. But medicine can also help you to reduce day time sleepiness. People with sleep apnea who take medicines to reduce daytime sleepiness should keep using CPAP to treat obstructive sleep apnea.
Here is the exclusive guide on symptoms of sleep apnea and Obstructive sleep apnea treatments , therapies as well as the side effects of drugs .